Q3 Quarterly Engagement Report
LAPFF’s Quarterly Engagement Report for July to September 2023 is out now.
- LAPFF welcomes its new member, the ACCESS pool, bringing the membership to 87 LGPS funds and seven pooled companies.
- LAPFF engages with global insurers on approaches to decarbonisation and natural resources.
- The ‘Say on Climate’ initiative grows to encourage more companies to put a vote on climate transition plans.
- Mining and Human Rights engagements continue with Anglo American, BHP, Glencore, Rio Tinto, and Vale and with a new mining company, Grupo Mexico, as LAPFF was approached by community members affected by a 2014 leak at one of the company’s tailings ponds in Sonora, Mexico.
- LAPFF’s chair, Cllr Doug McMurdo, meets the chairs of three water companies to ensure that reputational risks and regulatory scrutiny around environmental performance are addressed.
- LAPFF meets with Volkswagen and Volvo Group, both for the first time, on the issue of critical mineral sourcing.
- Doug McMurdo meets the chair of Shell to discuss its unsatisfactory Energy Transition Plan.
- LAPFF joins calls with Mizuho Financial Group, China Construction Bank (CCB), and Huaneng Power through Asia Research and Engagement’s Energy Transition Platform